Nation: Arawak, Taino iukaieke Guainia
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org (best way to contact me)
Some presentation goals are..…
- Deconstructing STEREOTYPES, IMPLICIT BIAS, CYCLE OF OPPRESSION (RACISM)
- Recognizing the importance of CONTRIBUTIONS and REPRESENTATION
- Understanding CULTURAL APPROPRIATION
- Becoming an ALLY, ACTIVIST, AGITATOR, and CO-CONSPIRATOR
- Relearning accurate information about HISTORY and CULTURE
- Developing a COUNTER-NARRATIVE (TRANSFORMING CURRICULUM)
Some presentation titles…
- Settler-Colonist Ties to Thanksgiving & Columbus: The Indigenous Perspective
- Anti-Racism from the Indigenous Perspective: Implicit Bias and Stereotypes
- 400 Years Later: Taking Back the Narrative
- Cultural Appropriation, Being and Ally, and Contributions
- Implicit Bias: A Closer Look at Special Education
Will speak at… Colleges, conferences, seminars, civic organizations, teacher professional development workshops, etc. As Claudia is a full-time public school teacher, she typically only speaks after the school day or during school vacation weeks.
Booking Information * within Massachusetts**
- Currently, and in the near future, Claudia primarily presents in the virtual/ synchronous mode (very little in person). She is most familiar with Zoom, but she has used other virtual platforms. If she’s unfamiliar with the platform, she may need to schedule a 15-minute “tech check” right before the presentation.
- Presentations for smaller groups may be a seminar or participatory workshop.
- For larger groups, presentations are participatory lectures with a slideshow.
- Consultation is also available upon request.
- Rates are available upon request
* Outside of Massachusetts or more than 75 min. away from Concord, MA incurs additional travel expenses.
** Some consultations may be done in collaboration with a teaching partner or group, and include an additional fee.
Please consider these questions and requests:
- Have you already chosen a date and time?
- Is this live/ in-person or virtual on a Zoom-type platform?
- If it is live, will there be people/ audience, so that a participatory activity could be included?
- Claudia prefers no video-taping or recordings, and does not share slides ahead of time or afterward. However, she can offer a resource list of the information discussed.
- Please let me know if your organization will be preparing/ doing a Tribal Land Acknowledgment (TLA) at the beginning of the program. Claudia is happy to present a TLA, but also feels that organizations need to practice and take ownership of this important practice. More information about TLAs can be found here.
Travel: When not virtual, Claudia generally travels anywhere in the Greater Boston area. She could be flexible throughout New England and Cape Cod depending on the public school schedule. In 2004, she was invited to Germany for one week to speak about Native American culture at several United States Army bases. Claudia is willing to travel abroad with sufficient notice, depending on the time of year.